Welcome to the Space Coast Writers' Guild, Inc., dedicated to encouraging, instructing, and developing writers of all genres. If this is your first visit, please take a moment to explore all we have to offer.
Transforming wishes into reality and ideas into words, we offer a variety of programs and speakers at our monthly meetings.
You'll have an opportunity to work with others who are dealing with deadlines, characters who won't cooperate, rejections, re-writes, contract dilemmas, unresponsive editors, and agent searches.
Whether you have published for years and in several different languages, or are pre-published and hoping, the Guild has something for you!
The Guild meets on the third Saturday of each month at 1 PM at the Garrett's Run Condo Association Clubhouse, 7900 Greenboro Drive in West Melbourne. (directions).
Meetings begin with a brief business meeting, including announcements, welcome of new members, introduction of the Board members, and treasurer's report. A presentation of some aspect of writing, by our monthly speaker, follows.
Afterwards, there is a time for socializing and book signings. Snacks are always provided.
Gene Luke, as he is also known, is Director - Founder and
Event Planner for Brevard Author's Society. Gene Luke is going to speak on the following subjects:
1. Publishing with KDP
2. KDP submission requirements - formatting guidelines
3. KDP Templates and trim size specifications
4. Book Cover Specifications
5. Uploading steps for a book manuscript and book cover files into KDP
6. KDP Paperback manuscript and book cover guidelines
7. Paperback Manuscript Details
8. Paperback Manuscript Content
9. Paperback Rights and Pricing
10. Author's Bookshelf
11. Ordering your own book copies
12. Other publishing options, KDP vs. Ingram Spark, Lulu, Book Baby, Blurb
13. How to publish with Barnes & Noble
14. How to Publish eBook, KDP Guidelines
15. How to publish your audiobook
16. How to publish your book in Apple Book Store
A digital copy of the presentation will be available to those who put their name and e-mail address on the sign-up sheet.
We look forward to quite an informative and educational presentation by Jean Luke.