The Don Argo Award
From the president:
We are very pleased to announce that the SCWG is continuing our writing contest for the Don Argo award this year. The Don Argo Award was first presented in 2010. It recognizes the best in Florida writing by SCWG members in memory of beloved educator, author of Canaveral Light, founding member of the Space Coast Writers’ Guild, and longtime Florida resident Don Argo. If you have written a book set in Florida or know of another author you would like to recommend for the award, please see our guidelines below.
- Fiction or non-fiction (no poetry or children’s books)
- Published within the last two years
- Set in Florida
- Entrant must be a member of the Space Coast Writers’ Guild. Brevard County residents may submit their work along with a $40 non-refundable entry fee. Payment of this fee will get you one full year of membership in the Space Coast Writers Guild. Contact SCWG President, Cindy Foley, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- Submit the first 50 pages by email to email@example.com
- One submission per SCWG member
Authors may self-nominate or be nominated by another. Submissions must include identification of author, address, phone, email, title of book, and year published. Call for submissions opens June 1, 2018, and submissions are due August 19, 2018. There will be three judges. The award will be presented at the October 20, 2018 SCWG meeting.
Argo Award Winners:
- 2017: Dianna Dann Narciso, Bury Me
- 2016: Cindy Foley, The Truth Lies...a Florida Saga
- 2014: Ruth Rodgers, Reparation
- 2013: Marshall Frank, The Upside to Murder
- 2012: Elaine Viets, The Dead-End Job series
- 2011: Mark Mynheir, The Night Watchman
- 2010: Don Argo, Canaveral Light
The winner will receive a modest monetary honorarium and engraved plaque.
We're looking forward to receiving your submission.